
Lately, I have been reading many "thrifty" blogs showing how you can use coupons and spend pennies for a "boat load" of groceries. So, last night I decided to try it. I was able, with coupons, to get everything you see in the picture above at Wal-Mart for $8.40! I'm thrilled to have done so well, but I learned a valuable lesson: never, I repeat, never use a "self checkout" register when you have coupons. It was a nightmare, and to top it all off, the register would not let me use my last 2 coupons which would have given me another $5.00 off my total. So, actually, I would have got all of these items for $3.40! I've never been a "coupon lady" before, but it was really thrilling to save so much money.
7 comments:
Oh my goodness Laura! That's awesome!! Which site do you use??
I use a blog called http://thecentsiblesawyer.blogspot.com/
They highlight what's on sale for Wal-Mart and CVS, Walgreens ,etc. and they tell you where to find the coupons. It's really fun!
Ok, so how much time do you spend planning when you do this? I found a site, but I think it would have taken me 3 hours to plan, and since I average $60 an hour with my business, it didn't seem like a good use of time. (I'm not trying to be sarcastic - I'm just trying to see if this will work for me or not.)
Oh and I should add that I only work 2-3 hours a day, so it's not like we are raking in the dough on the $60 an hour
HAHA! I learned the SAME lesson about the self-checkout!! ANd then the lady who kept having to help me kept looking at me like I was some big scam!!!
I also use a blog called money saving mom. Actually, I just copy/paste what she says is on sale into a Word document. Click on the links where she says coupons are, print them out and thats it...so it takes about 30 min. But, this is my first time doing it, so it might go faster next time.
Wow, 30 minutes isn't bad at all! I was looking at a site that would have seriously taken me 2 hours just to figure out. I will definately check it out!
Post a Comment