CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 30, 2008

The Pacifier is GONE

The days of the Pacifer in our house have ended. We have been letting Riley have the "paci" when he goes down to sleep and sometimes when we are out shopping. I decided that before his 2nd birthday, the paci would be gone. However, yesterday made me change my mind. I thought it would be fun to take Riley to the toddler story time at our local library. Everything was great for about 20 minutes and then he wanted to have "paci". I told him "no" and he began frantically searching in his diaper bag for "paci". After seeing that super strong desire to have "paci", I made a decision, right then and there, to get rid of "paci". When we got home I punctured the tip of all 3 of our remaining "paci's". Curious to see how he would respond, I gave him his choice of "paci's" for nap. He put the first one into his mouth and gave me an expression that read "mom...something's wrong with this one." He then proceeded to try "paci's" two and three. Each one brought on a yucky face and then he would give the "paci" back to me. So, now Riley no longer wants his currently broken "paci's". Although it took him longer to fall asleep last night, I should say longer because of his "weeping and mourning for the good old days", we are "paci" free here at the Graham household!

4 comments:

Forever For Evie said...

Oh my...you're doing way better than me! :) Elijah still has one at nap/bed time. He's the only one of my kids who would take one, and after STILL struggling with Laney to get her to stop sucking on her finger (which I unfortunately can't take away), I always give in a let him have it, I guess I was just happy he wasn't sucking on his thumb or finger. I know we should probably be working on getting rid of them, but sometimes sleep is more important to me :D Thank you for the motivation to start working on it though! :P

MommaHarms said...

You are braver than me too! I still let Natalie have hers at night. I'm too scared of missing a night's sleep!

SturgillMom said...

Good for you, Laura! It is SO nice once the paci is gone...no more frantic searching the diaper bag for it (you or him)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Taylor managed to puncture all of his binkies himself with his strong teeth, but he doesn't care and still likes to sleep with them. Guess we'll have to try a different tactic. :)